Friday, January 30, 2009

Day in my life!!!

I know there are many people in this world that think being an AD consists of sitting on a wall and watching ball games. WRONG!!! Let me walk you throgh a little bit of my day.
10:00 am I called Burris and let them know we had to cancel the ball game for tonight.
10:05 I drove Melissa and Braylon over to the Dr (Braylon has RSV, and an ear infection :( )
10:40-11:45 Called 5 officials to let them know our game was cancelled. Cancelled a re-schedule Girls game, and the re-scheduled that same game (Confusing I know)
1:00-3:00- Re scheduled burris game, Scheduled a game against Marion (Thats right class 4A #4 Marion Giants), Cancelled and Re-scheduled officials for these games.

On top of all that I had approximately 60 texts, 4 Voice Mails at school, and 8 other voicemails on my cell phone..

What a day!! To be quite honest I am not even sure if I remember all the changes that I made today. I hope I wrote them down correctly. Anyway I just wanted to give you some idea what a day looks like for me when the weather does not go how we would like it to..

Looking Through HIS Eyes: They are just games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That's right......it's just a game.

    Now you know that's going to shock some people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might surprise you to know that I understand what you're going through on a day like this. It's been several years, but I was the assistant AD for two years, then head AD for one year at the school where I teach/coach. I knew half-way through the year that I wasn't cut out to be the head AD. People like yourself who can handle the job for more than a year and do it well deserve some type of reward. Other than the obvious headaches, of course. It's hard to remember sometimes that these are just "extra curricular" games that, in the long run, are supposed to be fun/enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Busy day!

    Praying for Braylon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MC vs. Marion = cool, when and where?

    ReplyDelete
  5. MC vs Marion - February 17th 6pm @ Marion

    ReplyDelete