Friday, February 13, 2009

Name Change




I got a great idea for our name change. How about "THE CHURCH." Think about not only is it biblical but how many times have you been evangelizing and someone said "o you go to that Church" or "your a Church goer." No you can answer I go to THE CHURCH. (Kind of like "The Ohio State University" or "The University of Florida."


Plus how many passages in the bible talk about "The Church"?

Matthew 18:17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Acts 11:22News of this reached the ears of the church at Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch.

Acts 15:4When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and elders, to whom they reported everything God had done through them.


Plus many more!!

3 comments:

  1. =) I will add it to the growing list I seem to be collecting. Shelby has suggested for a while now that we call it "My Church" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I do like it when football players are introduced and they say THE Ohio State University. Now, when asked where we go to church, we could proudly say, THE Church at Farmland LOL

    ReplyDelete